What you'll do:
- Collaborate with Chief Technology Officer and team members to ship new features using a user-centered product sprint process.
- Work with a broad range of technologies spanning React.js, Redux, and Saga on the front-end, and Python, Django, and Elasticsearch on the back-end.
- Drive and deliver on our product roadmap, turning specs into features.
- Develop, test, and iterate on prototypes quickly.
- Lead the next features of our product.
- Integrate with third-party APIs and services as needed.
- Optimize the architecture of our front-end and ensure our web application and API layers are built out in a consistent and maintainable way.
- Ensure the software is well-designed and well-tested, with clean code that can scale to hundreds of companies.
- Evaluate business and product requirements and advise viable technical solutions.
- Exemplify holistic approach to writing software, e.g. security, documentation, instrumentation, and observability.
- Use your experience in delivering software for a SaaS product at scale, including what goes into thoughtfully deploying your code in a complex environment while obsessing about the quality of the product.
- Work with a group of passionate, intelligent, humble third-party software engineers.
- Uphold high development standards with a focus on meeting product needs.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry expertise.
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise software, and knowledge of the challenges presented working at a global scale.
- Knowledge of AWS Lambda, provisioning AWS resources, Docker, Redis, etc. is a plus.
- Strong track record of designing, implementing, and launching complex and scalable software services.
- Experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack; able to debug a web application problem single-handedly all the way from the browser, through the transport, the application, servers, databases, and asynchronous queues.
- You take initiative and bring tasks to completion efficiently, you hate leaving tasks unfinished.
- You are constantly learning, whether it’s technology, systems, business, communication techniques, project management, a second (or third, or fourth) language, or anything else.
- You fight for the user and keep in mind how a product can resolve our clients’ pain points.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
Why You’ll Love Working at Kamsa
- Passion - You’ll be working with team members who love what they do, and blend the art and science of compensation to help companies pay employees fairly, painlessly
- Community - We’re all about helping companies grow and cultivate people
- We Get Shit Done - You’ll see how your contributions are impacting the company
- Appreciation - Our product, Kamsa, means ‘appreciation’ in Korean; We’re all about helping companies who invest in their most valuable asset - their people
We are a compensation software and consulting firm founded in 2017 by D.C. native, Lola Han. With a white-glove approach, Kamsa makes compensation painless. As thought partners, we introduce progressive, globally proven practices, including a new software, Kamsa, that provides global market compensation data and enhances pay equity and transparency in the workplace.
Are you a Software Engineer who is passionate about great products and has the chops with a sense of humor? Then, we want to talk to you! We’re looking for someone to help build our compensation software, Kamsa, that helps companies pay employees fairly. You'll work closely with a passionate team with no corporate nonsense and you'll be rolling up your sleeves and putting on other hats that also align with your strengths while learning, growing, thriving and having fun together!
Kamsa is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Kamsa are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability.