- Advise tech industry clients on compensation related matters such as new hire offers, promotions, global compensation, top talent retention, and compensation planning/reviews.
- Design and assess client’s global compensation programs including cash and equity (e.g., stock option) programs.
- Conduct market studies and analysis to ensure external competitiveness, internal fairness, and alignment to the client’s total compensation philosophy.
- Develop and assess compensation structures, salary ranges, job levels, and market price jobs.
- Come up with creative methods for compiling, preparing, and presenting data to fast growing startups and emerging tech companies.
- Collaborate with client’s executives to conduct job analysis, establish career paths across their organization, and match their jobs against our market survey positions.
- Improve, lead and project manage compensation processes for clients (e.g., annual compensation reviews, equity grant program).
- Develop manager and employee compensation communication materials.
- Proactively identify compensation related issues or trends and propose solutions and recommendations.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent industry expertise
- 7+ years experience in compensation analysis and/or compensation consulting
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (Suite), Microsoft Excel, and Macbooks
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively and take initiative in a quickly growing environment
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent executive presence, as well as interpersonal, organizational, and consultative skills
- Work experience in startup(s), high tech and/or software industry is strongly preferred
Why You’ll Love Working at Kamsa
- Passion - You’ll be working with team members who love what they do, and blend the art and science of compensation to help companies pay employees fairly, painlessly
- Community - We’re all about helping companies grow and cultivate people
- We Get Shit Done - You’ll see how your contributions are impacting the company
- Appreciation - Our product, Kamsa, means ‘appreciation’ in Korean; We’re all about helping companies who invest in their most valuable asset - their people
We are a compensation software and consulting firm founded in 2017 by D.C. native, Lola Han. With a white-glove approach, Kamsa makes compensation painless. As thought partners, we introduce progressive, globally proven practices, including a new software, Kamsa, that provides global market compensation data and enhances pay equity and transparency in the workplace.
Are you a Software Engineer who is passionate about great products and has the chops with a sense of humor? Then, we want to talk to you! We’re looking for someone to help build our compensation software, Kamsa, that helps companies pay employees fairly. You'll work closely with a passionate team with no corporate nonsense and you'll be rolling up your sleeves and putting on other hats that also align with your strengths while learning, growing, thriving and having fun together!
Kamsa is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Kamsa are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability.