What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the CTO and team members to ship new features using a user-centered product sprint process.
- Write effective, scalable Python/Django code.
- Help develop new and evolving micro-services.
- Help drive and deliver on our product roadmap, turning specs into features.
- Develop, test, and iterate on prototypes quickly.
- Lead or contribute to the next features of our product.
- Integrate with third-party APIs and services as needed.
- Assess business and product requirements and propose viable technical solutions.
- Exemplify holistic approach to writing software, e.g. security, documentation, instrumentation, and observability.
- Use your experience in delivering software for a SaaS product at scale, including what goes into thoughtfully deploying your code in a complex environment while obsessing about the quality of the product.
- Work with a group of passionate, intelligent, humble software engineers.
- Uphold high development standards with a focus on meeting product needs.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry expertise.
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise software, and knowledge of the challenges presented working at a global scale.
- Significant coding experience and skills with technologies such as: Python, Python Frameworks (Django, Flask, or Pyramid), FastAPI, SQL, Elasticsearch, ORMs, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of AWS systems, products, databases, queuing, caching, etc.
- Strong track record of designing, implementing, and launching complex and scalable software services.
- Experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack; able to debug a web application problem single-handedly all the way from the browser, through the transport, the application, servers, databases, and asynchronous queues.
- You take initiative and bring tasks to completion efficiently, you hate leaving tasks unfinished.
- You are constantly learning, whether it’s technology, systems, business, communication techniques, project management, a second (or third, or fourth) language, or anything else.
- You fight for the user and keep in mind how a product can resolve our clients’ pain points.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment.
Why You’ll Love Working at Kamsa
- Passion - You’ll be working with team members who love what they do, and blend the art and science of compensation to help companies pay employees fairly, painlessly
- Community - We’re all about helping companies grow and cultivate people
- We Get Shit Done - You’ll see how your contributions are impacting the company
- Appreciation - Our product, Kamsa, means ‘appreciation’ in Korean; We’re all about helping companies who invest in their most valuable asset - their people
We are a compensation software and consulting firm founded in 2017 by D.C. native, Lola Han. With a white-glove approach, Kamsa makes compensation painless. As thought partners, we introduce progressive, globally proven practices, including a new software, Kamsa, that provides global market compensation data and enhances pay equity and transparency in the workplace.
Are you a Software Engineer who is passionate about great products and has the chops with a sense of humor? Then, we want to talk to you! We’re looking for someone to help build our compensation software, Kamsa, that helps companies pay employees fairly. You'll work closely with a passionate team with no corporate nonsense and you'll be rolling up your sleeves and putting on other hats that also align with your strengths while learning, growing, thriving and having fun together!
Kamsa is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Kamsa are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability.